Saturday, January 10, 2009

Me? Cooking?

Mike said the blog needed some content, so we're venturing into unknown territory - cooking!

Now, I like to cook, but I'm not that great at new things. I can cook for the masses just fine, but when it comes to the two of us, I often end up in a food rut - cooking the same old, same old, day in and day out. Boring. Oh, and frankly, on the day-to-day, my portion of the cooking is the equivalent of opening the bag of salad, and adding some toppings (Mike is responsible for the meat portion on the grill).


Last week, as I was sorting through the copious amounts of junk mail, I came across a promo for a new cooking magazine (Cuisine at Home). I was going to toss it, but decided to give it a read. Some of the recipies looked pretty yummy, and not that hard for people like me to follow. Apparently, that was the case - dinner tonight was a resounding success!


Menu: Chicken Picatta, Garlic and Rosemary Roasted Potatoes, Broccoli

There are other recipies I am going to try as well: Pizza From the Grill, Baked Sweet Potatoes with Maple-Jalapeno Sour Cream, French Onion Salisbury Steak, Orange-Glazed Salmon, BLT Pasta and Salted Nut Roll Bars. First, I need to invest in some tools - a saute pan, a pizza stone and a pizza peel.

Oh - the magazine also had cooking tips, which in the promo ad included a piece on Santoku Knives. This will lead to a further investment on our part - LamsonSharp knives, made right here in Massachusetts! Guess this is another type of adventure for me - we'll see where it leads.

1 comment:

claudia said...

Mmmm. Food. That's ALWAYS a good blog post.