Thursday, January 1, 2009

What We Did On Christmas Vacation

First, let me wish all of you the Happiest of New Years! I hope that everyone had an enjoyable holiday season.

But now, let me show you what Mike and I were up to over the holidays:


The office - before and after

Another view in the office

Yup - finally cleaned out our spare "if it doesn't have a home put it here" room, which involved donations to Goodwill and the library, lots of trash, and some elbow work. You see, this room hadn't been painted since we moved into the house 13 years ago, and the window trim had NEVER been painted. Mike also built additional pieces to the desk, making it wrap around the room.

It's a great space now, and will afford some nicer views out the windows (which I can actually see out of). Now I'm all ready to start work again on Monday...almost ;).

4 comments:

Michele said...

The office looks great! I love the desk.

tmc said...

Nice job! You two were way more ambitious than we were (but then again, that's nothing new.) I did manage to clean and organize my home office so it's starting the new year spotless. We'll see how long that lasts.

Ivy said...

Your office really looks nice! I love the colors. The desk is really nice too, very clean and open.

Great way to start the New Year :o)

Brian & Cindy said...

It looks so "Clean Sweep"-ish