Friday, July 6, 2007

Vacation Day 5 - Closer to the Goal

Let's start out by recapping the week thus far:

Monday - 80 miles on the tandem
Tuesday - 78 miles on the road bike
Wednesday - 9 miles on the new MTB
Thursday - 65.5 miles on the tandem
Friday - 83 miles on the 'cross bike

Total mileage so far: 315.5
Goal for the week: 350
Remaining mileage: 34.5

One more day of "training camp" left to go. Ooph - I'm tired! Thankfully, my coach has given me permission to have an easy week next week ;-). I think after all of the riding we have done on "vacation" that I will burn my bike shorts in celebration when it is all over (that, and I don't really want to wear them again...).

Here are some pics from today's loop. We rode a little bit of everything today - Carlisle, Chelmsford, Dunstable, Westford, Groton, Ayer, Fort Devens, Harvard, Bolton, Stow, West Acton, and West Concord. Some of the same roads we've already ridden this week, but also some variety!

Riding along; Saved from certain death (but not happy about it)
Great Brook State Park; A lovely roadside farm
Lilies as far as the eye can see; An interesting mailbox
The lunch of champions ;-); Scenes from the base
A beautiful farm in Harvard; The view from Fruitlands
Tired at the top of Fruitlands; A goat farm?
Another farm; Harvard library
A family of ducks; Finally, back home!

No comments: